Saturday, July 2, 2011

Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Review:
So my wife and I went to see a movie. The new Michael Bay blockbuster, Transformers: Dark of the Moon. After reading so many negative reviews from the so-called professional reviewers, I HAD to see it. The movie was a bit long sure, but let's face it. Bay and Spielberg together can do no wrong. Plenty of action, awesome special effects, and most importantly, no Megan Fox. This is the best decision Michael Bay has ever made. The film wasn't marred by her painfully irritating scowl and crappy attitude. Sure, Rosie Huntington-Whitely isn't Meryl Streep or Dame Judy Dench. She isn't even Anne Hathaway, yet she still managed to be a better actress than Little Miss Snotty britches.
Another stellar performance by John Turturro by the way. Why this guy isn't in more movies is beyond my comprehension. He's just funny. His characters are always top notch with the right amount sarcasm and dry wit.
One point I will bring out is my disappointment with the amount of screen time Sam Witwicky's parents get. They delivered some of the best one liners in the previous two installments of the franchise. I guess all good things must come to an end eventually though, right?
Anyway, overall I really enjoyed the movie and I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment